Thursday, January 17, 2013

Butternut Squash Soup with Shrimp


Now that I'm in my second trimester and feeling much better (I've actually purchased and prepared meat for my family again this month and ditched the Crispix and raspberries routine for supper), I have some seasonal cooking to catch-up on. I realize that squash was in season last October, but I have to at least prepare one dish since I missed out on some of the great autumn foods. If you can't get your hands on fresh sage this time of year, you can substitute rosemary or poultry seasoning in its place. The cayenne adds a little bit of bite; the shrimp and diced squash give it a nice texture (as opposed to other butternut squash soups I've had that are pureed and the texture does not suit my family's palette). Enjoy! Butternut squash soup with shrimp

No comments: