Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Bunny Hill Farms at The House on the Hill

I keep hearing that I should blog about my life as a stay-at-home "pioneer woman" and mother of these four "knuckle heads" as John calls us. I tell people that I already do blog, poorly. Mostly just pictures for family and as a record of happenings in our insanely busy life, because I can't remember anything anymore. I used to be smart. Really, I did. I may make an effort to get better at blogging, but right now this ABM (A Beautiful Mess) App will have to do, because I'm really digging the picture collages. I'll probably regret it one day when this dinosaur of a laptop crashes and I'm unable to print photos for baby albums because my blog pics are all collaged. But for now, ABM and I are tight.

As for the collages above, the girls have named our egg business "Bunny Hill Farms" and a week before we left for the wedding (for 17 days!), all of our fruit at The House on the Hill was ripe and it was harvest time. And I mean all of our apples, pears, basil, and tomatoes needed my full-time attention immediately. It was on. We dried apples; made cayenne-cinnamon applesauce; created Bourbon spice apple pies; canned cinnamon pears; canned tomatoes and even dried tomato chips (the jury's still out on those); made homemade basil pesto and marinara with some killer Italian sausage meatballs to boot.

Like the new app I'm obsessed with, it was a beautiful (sticky) mess.

All I kept thinking was, "It all has to get done!" But God provided some resurrection strength for this busy mama and we are loving the fruit of our labor this winter. 

Next year, we will be making some serious amounts of apple cider. Even with all the apples we preserved, we brought 5, five-gallon buckets of apples to our neighbor's horses that had worm invasions. Next year we'll beat 'em and you'll be here to partake in the sticky, beautiful mess.

No comments: